Thursday, July 16, 2009

moving out

I got accepted to ASU and I'm very excited and nervous about it. It's not the whole starting the new school in a new place that I am worried about it's more of the I'm on my own thing that is getting to me. I pretty much mastered the art of going to new schools in new places and I have the Navy to thank for teaching me. The day was kind of on the crazy side while I was driving up to Jonesboro in San Diego my best friend was putting her brother in the grave and it was a little upsetting because I couldn't be there for her. I also had to register for classes, get an ID, and get an apartment.
The original plan for me to move up there was for me to get a dorm and I would stay there during the school year and do summer school so I could still live there then only come back during winter break. We went to put a deposit for the dorm and the lady said you are now #220 on the waiting list because I was a sophomore and freshmen have priority over dorms because of campus policy is that freshmen must live in dorms their first year. I looked at my mom and she looked at me with a confused look. The lady was nice enough to give us a list of apartments that were near the campus that had low rates which was pretty cool that they had that. My mom and I talked and I knew she was starting to get worried and I calmed her down and said it would be ok it will all work out or I would not have been accepted God will take care of it.
We then go to get my ID and that was a trip and a half. In order to get my student ID I had to be registered for classes. I told my mom to stay up here and sit down for awhile because I knew she had a lot on her mind and didn't think it would take too long. So I went to log into the computer downstairs to register and it wouldn't let me so I had to run back up the stairs and get a number run back down stairs and call the number so I could reset everything so I could get registered. I never in my college life spent more than 30 minutes trying to find classes. I would like to give a big thanks you to UALR for not getting my transcript in back in January! I could barely get any classes. I kept to my paper and just started to grab any classes possible and barely got 12 hours. Well, while doing this I somehow ended up with a piano class when I tried to drop it, the class wouldn't drop. I kept it thinking ok just one hour and it's something I enjoy so no big deal. I got my classes and happy I got that taken care of I went back to the ID office and met up with my mom. During the grusome class registration the receptionist talked my mom into getting an apartment and recommended some to her.
Now for the apartment hunting. We went to one apartment area and there was nobody there. The sign said the office closes at 6pm and it was 5pm I turned to my mom and said NO! We went to another apartment and the couple next to us have been waiting for an hour and nobody was there. We called the number and nobody answered it so I told my mom I didn't feel comfortable with not being able to get ahold of the apartment managers in case something was to happen. I sweet talked my mom into going to the only apartment we were able to get ahold of and as soon as we walked into the door there were a few residents there and they were super friendly and all of the employees were in the office and were really friendly. They showed us the model apartment and it was really cute. Small but cute and perfect. I filled out the application and they called within two days and told us they had an apartment they could put on hold for us until I moved there in August. So now I'm moving completely out on my own and I'm a little nervous and a little excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment