Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Waiting Game

The waiting game. We all play it even if it's just standing in a never-ending line at the grocery store. Sometimes it's for bigger things like being in labor forever and a half for it all to be over with and you forget the pain. Then there is graduation. I remembered for my high school graduation I sat there for what feels like forever just waiting to get the diploma and leave. No longer in high school. But those are for more joyous times in your life. Now there is the death waiting game. You just sit at the hospital pacing back and forth calling the insurance company, the funeral home, the family and friends. You try so hard to keep yourself together to talk to these people but you can't hold up. You're scared that you don't know what's going to happen to them once they die because death is final. Nothing more comes of life except for getting burned or burried. It really sucks but it's part of life. It's the longest wait in your life because its the last moments that you will have with your loved one. I have enjoyed spending time with my cousins because I love being with my family and spoiling my little cousins whenever possible but really it sucks for the reasons of why we are spending time like this. Well off to play the PhD in Sociology waiting game....

No comments:

Post a Comment